Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Man, The Myth, The Legend...


Today I have to mark as a special day for me. Now I would have to agree that it can be considered nerdy or fanboyish, but I got to interview Rick Priestley for 40k Radio. Though I worked for GW almost 7 years I was never able to cross paths with one of my childhood heroes. Yes I said that right, hero! The one thing that struck me the most was how down to earth he is. I had to cage the little fan boy inside so that I would not freak him out. This was akin to a young boy getting to meet Santa for the first time.

After interviewing Rick, I have to say he is one hell of a guy. He was open to all the questions we asked, from why are there 18 primarchs to how the Tau came into being. He also talked about Squats and why they were “dropped” or never revisited as a race. We planned on the interview lasting 45 minutes but it ended up being over an hour and thirty minutes. The episode with we ready for down load on June 15th from www.40kradio.com or straight to your iTunes.

-Kyle

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to hearing your interview with Rick Priestley. I've got many fond memories from Games Workshop hobby during his run. I was almost brought up on TSR and D&D during elementary school. Discovering the strange and disturbing worlds of 40K and Warhammer were a delight.

    ReplyDelete